Sunday, January 10, 2016

Back Pain?

Yah. Me too.

I have lived with back pain for at least a decade.  Maybe more.  When I was first told to exercise to help me with it I just looked at people like I was crazy.  You want me to what?  Do you even know how I feel every day? Do you know how bad it gets?  Obviously they didn't.  Because they wanted me to workout.  Pft.  Not happening.

When I was invited to join a challenge group and workout doing P90X3 I really didn't know how long I would last.  After all, I hurt.  All the time.  But hey. whatever.  So I tried.  I had to modify a lot at first, but I became stronger and oddly enough my back pain subsided.  Did it go away 100%? No.  I have a chronic condition so it will never just go away, but it made life easier.  It made standing in one position doable.  It was better.

So now when people complain about their pains I share my story.  But they are just like me.  They don't believe that it will work.  I am living proof.  So instead of just going into a full blown workout program, start simple.  Try these yoga poses and see how you feel.  It's not a magic cure, but if you keep it up it WILL help!

Yoga Poses for Lower Back Pain

Yoga Poses for Back Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment